Women have many reasons to seek assistance, be it to further their education, take their business to the next level, or get help with buying food and paying bills. If you are finding yourself in need in Michigan, here are some programs to check out.
Michigan Family Independence Program
The FIP Program of Michigan grants cash assistance, on a temporary basis, to women who are pregnant, and families with children. The money is intended to go towards paying for living expenses, like rent, utilities, electric, food, etc. You can also receive help with child care, transportation, and other expenses and services related to gaining employment. To find out more, visit the website here.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Low income single mothers and families in Michigan, can apply for this government program that provides cash grants to low and very low income households. Funds are to be spent on utility and electric bills exclusively, and are not available to go towards rent, transportation, or food. To learn more about this program available to women in Michigan, visit the website here.
Girl Boss Foundation
This woman-only creative business grant becomes available once every two years, and offers $15,000 in cash, plus some extras. Applicants must be involved in the design, music, or art industries, and it is best to already have a portfolio or project going on. To view a full list of rules and regulations, or to apply, visit the website here.
This grant program is for low-income undergraduate students, or soon-to-be students, who will be attending an eligible public university or college. If you qualify, you could receive up to $6,000 yearly, for up to twelve years. The grant is funded by the government, but handled by your school of choice, so though you can apply online, you will still need to be in contact with the schools financial aid office. Tuition is the first deduction to come from the money received, if there is anything left over, you can spend it on books, transportation, fees, etc. Though the maximum is $6,000 per year, you are not guaranteed that. Funding is decided based on income and other factors. Also, the funds are limited and it is first come first serve. Apply for the Pell Grant by submitting a FAFSA here, then contact your school’s financial aid office.
Multi-Family Housing Rental Assistance
This program, in short, helps single mothers and families in the low to very low income bracket, to pay their rent. Funded by the USDA, no actual money is given out to the applicants, instead funds are paid directly to the landlords. It should be noted that this program is only available to those who choose to live in rural areas of Michigan. To learn more, or fill out an application, head to their website here.
Michigan’s WIC Program
If you are looking for a nutrition and health program that applies to low-income single mothers, look no further than Women Infants and Children. This nutritional program grants mothers with children under age five, access to healthy foods, nutritional planning, and much much more. Unfortunately, an online application is off the table, as it is not offered. To apply you must have a consultation with a WIC representative, and pass a pre-screening. To do so, you can either visit your local WIC office, or call toll-free 1 (800) 252-5942. If you wish to learn more, additional information can be found here.
The Amber Grant
Twelve women are chosen each year, at an interval of one per month, by the WomensNet Foundation to receive $1,000 via the Amber Grant. This is a small business grant designed and offered exclusively to women, to further their business and dreams. At the end of the year, all twelve grant winners are in the running to win a grand prize of $10,000. You can apply online, through the application does ask some rather detailed questions about your business, and what you wish to do with the money. If you wish to learn more you can head to their Michigan website, here.
Getting the assistance you need as a woman in Michigan has never been easier. Both local and government organizations are stepping up to provide assistance in education, nutrition, housing and business. Apply today.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans