If you are a woman who lives in the state of Nevada and you are in need of financial assistance with school, bills, small business, etc., then this is the article for you. Here we have compiled a list of the seven top financial assistance programs and awards available to women living in your state! Read on to see if any of these sound like they may fit your needs.
The Nevada Women’s Fund Scholarship
The Nevada Women’s Fund program seeks to empower women. Further, it hopes to help them improve their lives for themselves and their families. Those who qualify, can receive assistance via education and community grants. If you wish to apply or to learn more information on this program, visit the link here.
The WomensNet Amber Grant
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This female entrepreneur grant awards $1,000 in cash every month to one lucky winner. If chosen to receive one of the monthly awards, you will be automatically entered for the chance to receive another $10,000 at the end of the year.
The online application is a breeze. Simply answer a few questions about your business, share what you will do with the money, pay the $15 application fee, and that’s it, you are entered. To learn more or find out if you qualify, visit the Nevada Amber Grant website here.
Federal Pell Grant
This federal program is available to low-income students who wish to attend a public college or university. Currently, you can receive a maximum of $6,000 per school year for as many as twelve years. However, the actual amount you recieve will depend on your current situation.
Tuition is deducted immediately from any money awarded, and if any remains, it can be used for anything from books, to transportation, to housing, and more. To apply and find out what you can qualify for, you must submit a FAFSA form. You can do so online here. To see a list of participating schools in the state of Nevada, visit the link here.
The Nevada Energy Assistance Program
This program is for low-income single mothers and their families and it helps to pay for utility bills in the home. Those who qualify will be granted an annual credit to their utility bill account. The amounts will vary based on a few factors such as income, usage, and family size. You must be a U.S. citizen, and a Nevada resident to qualify. To find out more or to apply, visit the link here.
Halstead Foundations Womens Grant Competition
Next up we have a womens-only small business grant for entrepreneurs who are in the jewelry business. The top ten contestants all receive varying amounts of cash and prizes, with first place receiving $7,500 in cash and $1,000 in jewelry supplies. Not to mention, first place contestants will win a trip to the Halstead headquarters. You must already possess a jewelry portfolio, and be a United States Citizen to apply. To learn more, visit their website here.
Nevada Unemployment Insurance
The Nevada Unemployment Insurance program is for those who are currently unemployed involuntarily. This could mean your company went through layoffs, went out of business, or something similar. In Nevada, you must have been employed within the last 18 months and must have earned the minimum wage set forth by the state. As with most states, you must also be actively seeking employment whilst receiving assistance, and you must be a citizen and resident of Nevada. To learn more about this excellent program, or if you wish to apply, click here.
Multi-Family Housing Assistance
This program is for single mothers with low income and it helps those who cannot pay all or even part of their rent. If you qualify, the payment will be made on your behalf to your landlord directly, with no cash being paid to beneficiaries. Low income is the main factor considered when your application is reviewed. Further, you must be living in a rural area to qualify. To learn more about qualifications and benefits, head over to their website and apply.
If you find yourself in need of assistance in Nevada, have no fear. There are many different programs for women in your state that can offer a helping hand.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans