Chances are, you found this article because you are a woman living in Pennsylvania who is in search of some sort of assistance. Well, guess what? You came to the right place. Below, you’ll find helpful programs that can assist in many areas of life from starting a business to putting food on the table. Check them out to see if any are a good fit for you.
The Amber Grant Program
This program awards one woman each month with a small business grant to the tune of $1,000, and it doesn’t stop there. At the end of the year, all twelve grant winners will be entered in to win another $10,000 in cash. However, only one will emerge a winner, taking home a total of $11,000. All applicants must be female entrepreneurs, and each will need to answer a few essay type questions in order to apply. Note the full application can be completed online. If you wish to learn more about this program, follow the link here.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Attending college can be a very important part of setting yourself up for the rest of your life, but not having the money to pay for that opportunity can bring your dream to a screeching halt. Thankfully, the Pell Grant can help to cover the costs for low-income students who wish to attend a public college or university.
What does it provide?
Currently, you can receive up to $6,000 per year to pay for tuition, books, fees, room and board, and more. The first step to take if you’d like to qualify for this grant is to fill out the FAFSA form online, here. After that, follow up with the financial aid department at your school of choice, as they will be in charge of the distribution. To learn more, you can click the link provided here.
Temporary Assistance Program for Needy Families
The TANF program provides assistance in the form of cash grants to single mothers and other low income households that have children under 18 living in the home. As the name states, the benefits are temporary, and are intended to help the applicant get back on their feet and become independent again, financially. This is a very popular program among low income families, in all the states across the U.S. To learn more about this program, visit the website here.
Halstead Grant for Women
Another small business program specifically for women, the Halstead Grant, is intended for those women emerging into the jewelry design and creation scene. It is a competitive grant, with first place receiving $7,500 in cash and another $1,000 in jewelry supplies. Other top place winners will receive cash prizes also, only in lesser amounts. Before you rush to apply, you should know that they only consider applicants who already have a portfolio. To learn more about this program, visit the link here.
The Pennsylvania Woman, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program
Next up we have a program provided by the federal government known as WIC. It is essentially a health and nutrition program, where eligible people can receive free access to nutritional foods, doctors referrals, nutritional plans, and more, all free of charge so long as you meet the low income requirements. As the name hints at, the program is designed for women with infants and children under the age of five. You can also qualify if you are pregnant and if you have foster children under the age of five. If you think this program could benefit you and want to learn more, visit the link here.
Cancer Care’s Financial Assistance Program
This program is for women who have been diagnosed with cancer and who need help paying for the costs associated with it. Financial aid is available to help pay for medicines, treatments, hormones, medical equipment, transportation, and even childcare. This program accepts all types of cancer diagnoses, and for special cases, men can also receive aid from this program.
It is important to apply quickly for this one, because due to it being funded solely by donations, and being a non-profit, funds can run out leaving some applicants without aid. However, when this happens, Cancer Care will use its network to help connect you with another organization that can help. To learn more, click the link here.
As you can see, Pennsylvania can meet a variety of needs for women in the state thanks to the many programs and grants available. Be sure to click on the links above to find out more and apply.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans