Are you a woman who is living in Texas and looking for an assistance program or grant? Well, good news, you have the option to choose from scholarships, financial aid, small business grants, and more. Sure would be nice if someone compiled a list of the top ones, eh? Well, we did! Read on to see which one fits your needs the best.
The Amber Grant
Coming in at the top of the list, this great program for female entrepreneurs offers a small business grant to a different woman each month in the amount of $1,000 dollars. In addition to this initial grant, all twelve women who receive grants throughout the year are in the running to receive an additional $10,000, but there can be only one winner. The application process is super easy, requiring you to only answer two questions, and submit a processing fee of $15. To learn more about this monthly grant program and how to apply, visit the link here.
FedEx Small Business Grants
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This small business grant program awards 10 businesses each year with up to $25,000 in cash to put into your business, as well as credit to use on FedEx Office and Print services. The application can be completed online, and requires that you answer a few questions about your business, share what you will do with the money, upload some photos of your business in action, and tell if you’d like (we suggest it) a short explainer video of your business. All businesses must be for-profit, operate with less than 99 employees, and have a minimum of six months in business under their belt. To learn more, visit the site here.
If you want to talk about a program that can have a lasting difference on your life, consider the Pell Grant. This scholarship grant provides qualifying low-income students with up to $6,000 per year to pay for tuition, school-related fees, room and board, books, and more. If necessary, funding can be received for up to twelve years.
The funding is handled by your school’s financial aid department after you have filled out the application form. It should be noted that this scholarship is only valid at public universities and colleges, and is not compatible with private schools. If you wish to apply, you can do so here.
The Texas WIC Program
The Texas WIC program is designed to help women and young children get the proper nutrition that they need. Qualifying applicants can get access to nutritional planning, support with breastfeeding, free access to healthy foods, and more! You can even get one-on-one counseling with a professional nutritionist, so that you and your child can be at the best health possible. If you wish to sign up for this program, you will have to meet a few requirements first. To learn more about the program itself and how to apply, visit the link here.
Losing your job can leave you down in the dumps, especially if the reason for losing it was out of your control entirely. Luckily, Texas has a program that allows you to recuperate a percentage of that lost income for a limited period of time while you find a new job. The two main qualifiers here in order to receive benefits from this program are:
1) Did you lose the job due to a fault of your own?
2) Have you worked in Texas for the past year or more?
To learn more about Texas Unemployment Insurance, and how you can obtain benefits, visit the link here.
Texas CHIP Program
The CHIP program is excellent for single mothers and it provides low- to no-cost health coverage to children ages 0-18. Benefits for qualifying children include doctors visits, hospital visits, dental and teeth cleaning, eye care, and much much more. The absolute most that a family would pay per child for this coverage is $50 per year. However, in most cases, it is closer to $35 dollars per year. If you wish to learn more about this program, or if you are interested in applying, visit the link here.
Texas programs can benefit women in need in a big way, with both private and government grants up for grabs. Apply for one today!
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans