Many women find that they struggle each month to pay their bills. Whether they have steady jobs, are between jobs, or they are underemployed, it can be difficult to make ends meet. With the costs of living going up it can become easy for women to fall behind, especially if they are the main source of income for the family. The good news is that there are numerous popular charities that help women with bills.
By knowing which charities you can reach out to you can get the assistance you need to keep your bills paid. Charities that help women pay the bills often do not have a strict eligibility requirement or application process. While some may have a brief screening process, many simply want the person to contact them and explain that they need help paying their bills. Be sure to contact each individual charity to see what is required in order to get the assistance with paying bills.
Here are some popular charities that help women with bills:
Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is a popular charity that has locations around the country. They help women with bills, as well as providing additional assistance programs for those in need. Contact your local Salvation Army to see what assistance programs they offer and if they help women with bills.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Catholic Charities. With offices around the country, Catholic Charities is a popular charity that helps those in need in many ways. Each location provides different types of services, so check with your local Catholic Charities branch to see if they help women with bills.
The United Way. Offering around 1,200 offices around the country, The United Way helps many people in need each year. One of the services they provide is to help women with bills. Find your local United Way to contact them and see if they help women with bills. Each location provides different services to help those in need in their community.
American Red Cross. The American Red Cross is a popular charity for helping with emergency situations. They can help women with bills if there has been an emergency, such as a natural disaster or their home has burned down. Contact your local American Red Cross chapter to see if you can get emergency assistance with bills.
Volunteers of America. Women who need assistance with paying housing bills may qualify for help through Volunteers of America. The organization offers a wide array of service programs around the country, helping people to obtain affordable housing. Additionally, they offer assistance for seniors, as well as groups that are considered at risk. Find your local Volunteers of America office to see if you qualify for help with housing bills.
211. This national charity is popular around the country. You can call the number on your phone or you can visit their website. Both will help you find popular charities that help women with bills. You provide them with your zip code or city and tell them what type of assistance you need, and they will locate popular charities in your area that can provide the help. Their database is filled with charities that may be popular within a city or geographic area, but may not be well known around the country. By contacting 211 you will find a wide variety of popular charities that help women with bills in your area. Their service is easy and free to use. If you prefer to call them, just dial 2-1-1 on your phone and they will help you find charities that help women with bills.
In addition to these popular charities that will help women with bills, be sure to check into your local charities. Many that are affiliated with your local churches will have bill paying assistance as well. You can contact local churches to ask if they have charities associated with them that help women with bills. If they don’t have one at their location, they may be able to point you to some local ones in your city that you can turn to. Women who need assistance paying bills will find that these popular charities are a helpful resource to keep in mind and to turn to when in need.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans