Women who like to make a difference in their community by caring for the environment may need additional funding for their projects to be successful. Whether they aim to restore a particular habitat, grow an organic garden, or teach others how to care for the environment, they may qualify for a grant through Patagonia. The $15,000 Patagonia Environmental Grant helps environmental and social justice groups who want to make a difference in the world.
Patagonia is an outdoor company that was started over four decades ago. They are a popular company that sells high quality outdoor gear, including clothing, backpacks, and more. They are a company that has made it known that they care about the environment and are committed to doing things to help it. They have numerous initiatives to help create positive environmental changes, with the $15,000 Patagonia Environmental Grant being one of them. The grant program is open to everyone, including women, who would like help with funding a specific environmental project in their community.
The Patagonia grant program was implemented in 1989. Since beginning the grant program, which is focused on grassroots efforts for helping the environment, they have awarded over $89 million in environmental grants. The grants have been awarded to thousands of community environmental organizations around the country. Some of the projects that they have helped to fund have been focused on climate change, river and forest restoration, protecting endangered animals and plants, protecting marine habitat, and supporting organic agriculture. Women who have an organization that has an environmental focus will qualify for this grant.
Here are some important details to keep in mind about the Patagonia Environmental Grant that women may apply for:
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Most of the environmental organizations that have been awarded a grant from Patagonia have less than five people on staff. Most of them have volunteers, so don’t assume that your organization is not large enough to apply. This grant is ideal for small environmental organizations, especially those run by women.
- Patagonia gives out several grant awards per year. The sum of each grant they award ranges from $2,500 up to $15,000. The amount you are awarded depends on what your project is, how much funding you need for it, and how much grant money they have already given out that year.
- Patagonia considers the grants they give out be what they call an “Earth tax,” because they say their company uses resources and produces waste. The grants they give away help to offset this and support beneficial changes being proposed for the environment around the country.
- During just 2017, Patagonia awarded 954 different organizations with an environmental grant. This shows that they give away many grants per year, thus increasing your chances of obtaining one for your environmental project.
- Women who are involved with a non-profit organization can apply for the environmental grant. You have to have a project in mind that you are wanting funded. The project must be action-oriented, focuses on root causes, has a clear strategy, has specific goals, and can be measured to see if it’s successful or not.
- Proposals for the Patagonia Environmental Grants are accepted each year from May 1 through April 30. Women who are interested in this environmental grant can apply for it online.
- Once you apply for the grant, it can take up to seven months to hear back from Patagonia to learn if you have been awarded a grant or not. You should submit your application at least 7 months prior to the date of when you wanted to begin the project. The more time you give them, the better it will be.
Patagonia is one of the most popular outdoor brands in the world. Their success has allowed them to commit to donating one percent of their profits to helping the environment. They do this through their grant program. Women who want to make a difference in the environment should consider applying for the Patagonia Environmental Grant. Whether you work at an environmental organization or you volunteer at one, you can play an important role in helping to give back to your community, help the environment, and accomplish a meaningful project. Through their grant program, Patagonia provides groups with the funds to help the environment.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans