Millions of women would like to start a business or currently own a small business. It takes money to start and grow a small business and many women not have the funds to make it happen. For those women who would like to start or grow their small business, they may want to apply for the $2,500 Zach Grant. The grant has been designed to help entrepreneurs and small business owners who may otherwise have difficulty getting loans to follow their dreams.
The Zach Grant is offered through Fundera, a company that helps small businesses obtain the funding that they need. Their mission is to help small companies face financial challenges to be able to grow their business. The company has helped over 10,000 small businesses through their regular practices, as a non-bank alternative lender for small businesses and entrepreneurs. The company was founded when Zach, who owned a thriving restaurant couldn’t get a loan from the bank in order to add another location.
Today, The Zach Grant is given out each year in Zach’s honor. The grant is open to women and helps someone who needs the funds to start or grow their business, but who may otherwise be turned down through a bank for a loan, as Zach was. Each year, Fundera chooses one person to give a $2,500 grant to so that they can use it for their small business. Women can apply for this business grant with their plans for starting a business, or for growing the small business that they currently have.
Here are some important details to keep in mind about the $2,500 Zach Grant for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses:
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
- The company gives away one grant per year. The amount of the grant is $2,500.
- The person who is awarded The Zach Grant will receive a check for the $2,500. The check will be made out to the person’s business.
- To apply for The Zach Grant you have to submit a video. The best video entry is chosen to be awarded the grant funds.
- To apply, you have to like the company’s Facebook page, record a 3-minute video telling them why you started your own business, and then publish the video on your YouTube channel. When you publish the video on your YouTube channel, you have to use the title “Fundera Zach Grant – Your Business Name.” Once you have taken these steps you then need to email your video to them, using your company email address. Then, post your video to any social media outlets that you may have. Be sure to follow these entry directions to ensure that your grant application is submitted correctly and will be part of the yearly judging.
- The videos that are submitted for The Zach Grant each year are judged based on their quality, originality, and their creativity. This is the time to have a little fun and get creative with your video submission.
- The deadline each year to apply for The Zach Grant is January 1. The winner each year is announced on February 1.
Grants for women business owners are important to helping females grow their small business and follow their entrepreneurial dreams. The Zach Grant offers a good way for women to help grow their business, especially if they have been denied loans and other funding in order to do so. With the application process focused on making a video, some women may shy away from applying for the grant. Don’t be intimidated by having to make a video submission in order to apply for the grant. It’s probably going to be easier than you think to create the video, and if you ask around you may find a teen that can help you with it. Plus, they probably know how to put together a creative one that will help you and your message stand out to the judges.
The Zach Grant came about because one entrepreneur couldn’t grow his business, even though he showed banks that he was successful. If he couldn’t get a loan to grow the business, then there are many others who can’t as well. Women who want to grow their small business should apply for The Zach Grant for assistance.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans