If you are facing a difficult time due to financial struggles and are wondering where you can turn, the Salvation Army may be able to help. Here are the programs that it offers.
The Salvation Army helps to provide food to families in need. Each year it provides over 56 million meals through food pantries, meal programs, and community gardens. The food pantries have free canned goods and fresh produce. Meal programs provide hot meals to those in need and facilitate sitting down with others to share in human interaction. Lastly, the community gardens provide a renewable source of produce for communities.
The Salvation Army also provides home security to those who have been displaced. Assistance is available for both the long and short-term. If you are homeless, whether you have a family or are alone, you can access a safe, climate-controlled shelter.
Pathway of Hope
The Pathway of Hope is an initiative for families with children who are living in poverty. It can help you to find a road to a better life by providing you find stable housing and employment, as well as helping you to further your education. The ultimate goal is to promote self-sufficiency. Learn more here.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
If you are at risk of having your utilities shut off, Salvation Army can help with payment assistance. Qualifying utilities include electricity, water, natural gas, propane, and fuel oil bills.
Support for Domestic Abuse VIctims
If you are the victim of domestic abuse the Salvation Army offers several paths to recovery through the following programs:
- The Cascade Women’s and Children’s Center: A 24-hour shelter for women and children who have been subject to domestic abuse. It is more than just a shelter, also offering counseling, health referrals, assistance with employment, transportation to GED certification programs, permanent housing placement, classes on parenting, a therapeutic preschool program, and more.
- The Phoenix Elim House: A refuge for women and children which empowers victims of domestic abuse through goal setting and the development of a safety plan. Other services include recreational programs, games, field trips, and more.
- The Northwest Division Center: This center provides an extensive program to help domestic abuse victims to take steps toward self-sufficiency and recovery.
Learn more about domestic abuse recovery with the Salvation Army here.
Support for Children
Help keep your children on the right track by keeping them in a positive and productive environment after school. Salvation Army provides the following:
- Kroc Community Centers: These centers give families a place to connect and discover new activities. They offten offer recreational, community, and after-school programs.
- Summer Camps: Summer camps give kids living in poverty new experiences outside of their neighborhoods. Activities include sports, swimming, music, and art. Further, counselers are available to help children navigate any emotions or struggles they are experiencing.
- After-School Programs:These programs give students a safe environment in which to study, hang out, or play.
Learn more about these programs and find one near you here.
If you have been the victim of a declared natural disaster such as an earthquake, tornado, flood, wildfire, hurricane, or something else, the Salvation Army provides many forms of support. First, it prepares in advance by developing emergency disaster plans and educating first responders and the public about how to respond. Next, it jumps in on short notice when a disaster occurs. It brings together volunteers, donations, and resources and is ready to supply them as soon as the government gives the green light to enter an area. Support includes providing food and water, giving shelter to victims, helping with clean up, and connecting victims with their loved ones. If you need long-term care, the Salvation Army can also help with medical expenses, funeral expenses, food, clothing, housing, and more.
Learn more here.
If you are suffering from an addiction, you can turn to the Salvation Army for help. It offers holistic work therapy, individual and group counseling, life skills development, spiritual direction, and more. Get support to regain your health and stability and restore your family.
If you are in need and are interested in finding out if any of these programs can help you, find a Salvation Army location near you here.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans