Are you a woman who is looking for a helping hand? Maybe you need to put food on the table, keep your lights on, or get help finding a job. While there are many places you can turn for help, local church assistance programs are likely to have the resources to provide you with assistance. Read on to learn what church assistance programs are, how to find them, and some nationwide organizations that may have satellite locations near you.
What are local church assistance programs?
Local church assistance programs are programs created by churches in your local area that are designed to provide those in need with assistance. The programs can vary from food pantries and assistance with bills to counseling and employment assistance. While church’s will be limited in the amount of support they can provide, they can likely point you in the right direction even if they are out of resources.
How to find local church assistance programs
To find local church assistance programs you can make a list of the churches in your area along with their phone numbers and addresses. You can call each of them or go by for a visit to ask about any programs they provide. Be sure to ask about any qualification requirements they may have in place.
Nationwide Religious Organizations
Several religious organizations have a national presence which consists of headquarters and branches spread across the country. A few you can look into are listed below:
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
The Salvation Army is a movement that spans even beyond U.S. borders. It is the evangelical part of the universal Christian Church and aims to help to meet the needs of humans whenever and however it can. Programs include:
- Support for survivors of disaster
- Hunger relief
- Poverty relief
- Support for the fight against human trafficking
- Shelter for the homeless
- Education for kids
- Empowerment through art
- Unemployment assistance
- Addiction help
- And more.
You can find the Salvation Army nearest you here.
Lutheran Social Services
The Lutheran Services in America (LSA) is composed of more than 300 organizations that offer health and human services programs. Together, they help 6 million people each year, which breaks down to 1 out of every 50 U.S. citizens.
The organization serves vulnerable and low-income individuals of every age and situation. The continuum of care includes everything from prenatal care to senior care. To find a service near you, click here and fill out the form.
Jewish Federation of North America
The Jewish Federation of North America focuses on helping the Jewish community and helps more Jews than any other organization in the world. It has programs for the following:
- To provide seniors with care
- Bill payment support
- Food and nutrition
- Employment assistance
- Cash assistance
Learn more here.
United Methodist Church
The United Methodist Church funds hundreds of projects each year which help to give back and support the world and the mission of the church. Learn more about how they give here.
Catholic Charities aims to reduce poverty across America. They will help people regardless of their faith if they are struggling with complex issues and poverty. Programs include:
- Affordable housing
- Refugee and immigrant services
- Food and nutrition
- Social enterprise initiatives
- Advocacy and Social Policy Initiatives
- DIsaster services
- Foundational services
- Leadership development and Catholic identity
To find help near you, click here and enter your zip code.
Get the Help You Need from Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
Sometimes we all need a helping hand, local church assistance programs may be able to provide it. Many are based on the foundational principle of giving back to those in need so they have programs in place to do so. Check out the above religious organizations and if none of them work out, reach out to the churches near you to see if they can help. Most of them have programs for a wide variety of needs and can even find resources for unique situations. Whether you want to go back to school find a new career, get groceries for your family, get transportation, or something else, you may just find the solution you’ve been hoping for!
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans