Whether you are a woman who already has a small business, or you would like to start one, you may need some financial assistance. Getting a business started and growing it takes money. There are small business grants for women that can help make it possible for you to achieve those goals. By applying for grants you may be awarded funds that you don’t have to pay back, giving you the ability to turn your small business dreams into a reality.
There are numerous small business grants for women that you may qualify for. You can apply for more than one small business grant to see if you can get additional financial help. Grants are not loans, so you don’t have to pay them back. They are considered a gift, and are usually provided by an organization that believes in what you are doing and wants to help support your mission. Each organization varies in the eligibility requirements and application process, so be sure to evaluate the rules before applying.
Small Business Administration (SBA)
The SBA provides small business grants for women. A government organization, they try to help small business owners find the funding they need. They give people federal grants that do not have to be paid back. You can search their database of grant opportunities that you can apply for, or you can speak with one of their counselors and they will help you find grants you may qualify for.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant
The Eileen Fisher grant is given to a woman who is ready to expand their business. Only small businesses that have been open for at least three years qualify. The organization started giving out small business grants for women in 2004. Their grant program provides awards to women owned businesses that are make a positive social and environmental impact. You can apply for the grants online each year. They give out $100,000 per year, which is divided to up to 10 women owned businesses.
Small business owners who create silver jewelry may qualify for funding through The Halstead Grant. The grant is given to a silver jewelry designer every year, who they feel is doing excellent work. They look for someone who has innovative designs with their jewelry, and who is fairly new in the industry (typically being in business less than three years). The grant program is only open to US citizens at this time. An application can be downloaded from their website and mailed in. They must be received by August 1.
Started in 1998, The Amber Grant is given away every month in honor of Amber, who died before she was able to fulfill her dreams. The foundation gives away a $2,000 grant every month. At the end of the year, one person from the 12 winners from throughout the year will be given a grant of $25,000. The Amber Grant is open to women owned businesses. You can apply online. There is a $15 application fee. The deadline to apply ever year is March 31. When applying, you will share what it is that your business does and what you would do with the money if you won the grant.
Started in 2014, the Girlboss Foundation has been giving out grants to women owned businesses and female entrepreneurs. They give out the grants two times each year. The grants they give out are $15,000, and are open to women owned small businesses in the creative fields of arts, music, design, and fashion. You have to be a US resident and at least 18 years old to apply. When you apply, you need to submit information about what your creative project is and how you will use the funds. You can submit an application online or mail it in.
There are some helpful small business grants for women that can give you the funds you need to start your business, grow it, or to fund a new project you’d like to take on. There is no limit to the number of small business grants for women that you can apply for, so you should apply for many and see what happens. You may find that you get several grants and end up with the funds you need to grow your small business dreams.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans