There are many reasons a woman might need a grant in Alabama such as to pay for education, a business, or family matters. Here, we have compiled ten of the top grants available in the state to women. Have a read to see if any of these Alabama grants for women sound like the right fit for you.
The Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant Program
The Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant Program is an awards program which gives out five different grants each year. Businesses must be owned by women fully and also have founding principles geared towards sustainability, social consciousness, and innovation. These women-owned businesses should already be established and ready to enter the next phase of development.
The InnovateHER Grant
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
The InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge is a challenge that is sponsored by the SBA (Small Business Administration) office of Women’s Business Ownership. This grant awards three different women $30,000. Each business chosen must have a positive impact on the lives of other women.
Mission Main Street Project
The Mission Main Street Project is a grant created from a partnership between Chase bank and Google. Together they award grants amounting to $3 million. In the past, recipients recipients were granted $150,000 to help grow their businesses and bring the to the next level. Winners also were given a trip to Google headquarters, a brand new Chromebook laptop, as well as a coupon for $2,000 good towards market research study with Google.
The Small Business Innovation Research Program
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) is a collaboration of eleven separate federal agencies to create this awards-based grant program. This program encourages and helps enable women-owned small businesses to explore technological potential.
The Women Veteran Entrepreneur Competition
This an award competition which is organized between Count Me In for Women’s Economic Independence and Capital One. It enables entrants to submit pitches (limited to two minutes) for a chance to take part in a business accelerator program lasting nine months.
The Alabama Student Grant Program
The Alabama Student Grant Program supplies students, both male and female, with grant money, provided you are an Alabama resident. The maximum amount awarded is $1,200 per year and is available to undergraduates in any major. Would be applicants can contact and apply for the monetary grant through their college of interest.
The Athletic Scholarship Program for Junior and Community College Students in Alabama
This program provides tuition and book grants to any students attending an Alabama junior or community college, provided it is a public institution. This grant is for athletic students, therefore all applicants must show athletic ability via tryouts respective to their sports. Applications can be completed at the financial aid or athletic head office of the desired school.
Performing Arts Scholarship for Junior and Community College Students in Alabama
Here we have a scholarship for students, which is offered on a non-need basis to those students who are interested in the performing arts. To qualify, students must attend junior or community college in Alabama. All scholarships are given based on talent, demonstrated via a competition. Any students who wish to apply must contact the financial aid office at the junior or community college they wish to attend.
The Alabama State Nursing Scholarship
The Alabama State Nursing Scholarship is a scholarship in the amount of $600 and is available to Alabama residents who are admitted to, or enrolled in, a clinical nursing course at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing. Students who receive this grant must also spend one year working in Alabama for one year after graduating.
The Alabama Farmers Federation Alfa Scholarship
These Scholarships are grants available to students who are enrolled or plan to attend Auburn University College of Agriculture, the School of Forestry, or, alternatively, those who will be pursuing a degree in agricultural education or engineering. You can apply for this scholarship at the College of Agriculture at Auburn University or the county Farmers Federation office.
As you can see, many grants are available for women in the great state of Alabama. Whether you want to start a business, better your community, or pursue a career, there are resources in Alabama that can help you.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans