If you are a woman living in Alaska, several grants may be available to you. Both government and private institutions extend these grants to help with a variety of circumstances from education to entrepreneurial ventures. Check these out to see if any are right for you.
WomensNet Amber Grant
This program was initiated back in 1998, in honor of a young lady who sadly passed at age 19. It awards a $1,000 grant to a different woman each month. At the end of the year, one of those lucky women will be chosen for another $10,000 grant, for a total of $11,000. To apply simply click here, answer a couple questions and you are ready to go!
Rasmuson Foundation Grants for Artists
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This foundation offers three levels of grant award money to artists in the state of Alaska.
1. The first is in the amount of $7,500 and it’s available to artists of all levels for a specific project or projects.
2.The second is granted in the amount of $18,000 and is available to mid- to mature level artists (career wise). This money is to be used for developing creative works.
3.The third is a whopping $40,000, awarded to an already well-recognized artist with a background of artistic excellence.
You can visit their website here for more information.
The Federal Pell Grant
This grant is available to undergrad students attending school in Alaska with a high level of financial need. Applicants are eligible to receive up to $6,095 per year, with a twelve semester limit. To be eligible for this grant, you can’t possess a graduate’s or bachelor’s degree. There are, however, some exceptions. In special cases, applicants who are enrolled in a post-baccalaureate certification program to become a teacher may be eligible. To apply, or for more information, follow this link and complete the FAFSA application located there.
The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
This award program is available to Alaskan college students and can be added on top of the Pell Grant, meaning those who have received the Pell Grant already, will be first in line to receive this one as well. Funds are given up to the amount of $4,000, however, each school has a different funding amount. The grant money is only available to undergrad students without a degree that demonstrate financial need. To apply for this grant, you must also fill out the FAFSA. You can do that here, where you can also learn more about the program.
The Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant
The ACG, as this program is called for short, is made available to all Alaskan students in their first two years of college, assuming they meet the academic criteria. All applicants must be United States citizens, must be eligible to receive a Pell Grant, and must be enrolled in a college which grants a degree or certification. Monetary amounts start at $750 for the first school year and increase to $1,300 for the second year. To receive this grant money, you must maintain a 3.0 grade point average throughout the year.
The Alaska Advantage Grant
This grant program is at the top when it comes to amounts given, specific to Alaska. The money, up to $2,000, is granted by the Alaskan State to students in need. To be eligible you must be an Alaskan resident and also must be enrolled in an undergraduate program in an Alaskan school. Grant recipients are required to maintain satisfactory grades, which is determined by the school you wish to attend. For more information, or to apply via the FAFSA, click here.
The Alaska Space Grant Program
This program offers research fellowship stipends to students pursuing a major in tech, science, engineering, or mathematics. A fact to note with this grant is that preferential treatment is given to projects that relate to NASA’s collective interests. Monetary stipends are only available to those students who attend Institutions of higher learning in Alaska. The amount available varies per project, based on needs and if the project is approved. To learn more, or apply for this grant, please visit their website here.
As you can see, Alaska has a variety of grants and programs available to women. Some of these even stack on top of each other, boosting the total amount of money you can receive. So dive in and apply for one (or more) today!
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans