Women living in Florida have access to many state, federal, and privately-funded grant and assistance programs. These include but are not limited to educational scholarships, business grants, bill pay assistance programs, and food programs. As far as qualifying goes, if you are truly in need, you will likely qualify for at least one of these assistance programs listed below. There are quite a few to choose from so read on to discover the details and learn how to apply.
The Care to Share Program
This program is offered by the Florida Power and Light Company to families who cannot afford to pay their electricity bill due to an emergency situation or a crisis. Applicants can receive a maximum of $500 one time per year. This money is to be used for energy, cooling, and utility costs. To learn more information and to find out if you qualify, give Florida Power and Light a call at 1-800-858-8845.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
One of the best business grants out there, exclusively for women, is the WomensNet Amber Grant. This program is privately funded and chooses one woman each month to receive $1,000. Each of the 12 women chosen throughout the year are also entered to receive an additional $10,000 in grant money at the end of the year. This means one lucky woman walks away with $11,000 each year.
You will have to complete an application in which you share about yourself and your company or organization. You will also need to share what you intend to do with the money if you win. Since this is a privately funded operation, there is a small application fee of $15 for each time you apply. This money goes to keeping the website and program staffed. For more information and a link to apply, visit the WomensNet Florida page here.
Florida WIC Program
WIC provides health and nutritional aid to women in Florida. It is a federal program that trickles down through state and local governments. Women who qualify, can receive help with nutritional planning, free access to foods approved by WIC, breastfeeding support, and much more. You must be pregnant, recently pregnant, or have a child under 5 years of age (foster children apply as well). More information and eligibility requirements are available here at the WIC Florida website. You can also stop by your local WIC office to speak with a representative directly.
Cancer Care’s Financial Assistance Program
This program offers financial aid, with limits, to women suffering from cancer. Help is available for costs related to cancer treatment, child care assistance, and transportation. The coverage is offered to children as well as women, and in certain cases, it is also available to men. All diagnoses are accepted and monetary help can also be given for medications related to nausea, pain, hormones, medical equipment, and more. Funding with this program can be hit or miss due to the organization being a non-profit and funding being unpredictable. One great thing is that if they cannot help you, personally, they will attempt to connect you with another organization who can. Learn more at their website here.
The ABLE Grant provides financial assistance for tuition to those students who both qualify and attend an eligible Florida private university. The grant comes with many requirements and is available for a total of nine semesters. During the time you are receiving funds, a minimum grade point average must be met and kept. The good news here is that if you do not meet the GPA requirements one semester, you wont be held responsible to repay the money, as you are with some programs. Their website contains a great deal of information regarding eligibility, the application process, and the funds disbursement details. You can visit the page here to learn more.
Florida has some awesome programs for women looking for assistance. Everyone needs some help every now and then and these programs were put into place for just that reason. Don’t go another day waiting if you need a hand. Simply contact one (or more) of these organizations and see what you can qualify for. A brighter future may be just a few clicks away.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans