If you are searching for financial assistance in Idaho, you’ve landed in the right place. Below you will find some of the best aid programs available to women in Idaho. There is a little something for a variety of needs, from bill pay assistance, to business grants, to help buying food. Read on to see if any of these programs fit your current needs.
This business and project-based grant is available solely to women, on a monthly basis. One woman is chosen each month to receive a $1,000 cash grant to further their project, expand their business, or fulfill their dream. At the end of the year, all twelve winners will be judged and a winner will be chosen to receive an additional $10,000 in grant money.
Applying is simple enough, just head over to the website and complete the online application. Be prepared to answer some personal questions about you, your business/project/etc, and what you will do with the money, should you win. A $15 application fee is required with your submission to ensure that staff can be paid to read through the applications (which can number in the hundreds each month). Head over the the Idaho Amber Grant page here for more information.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This is a scholarship program available to women in Idaho, with grant amounts ranging from $5,000 all the way up to $18,000. Now, one of the main requirements, is that you belong to a minority group. Other requirements include being able to show the need for financial aid and having good grades. The AAUW awards over 200 scholarships annually to help minorities advance their education in the great state of Idaho. To learn more, you can visit the website here.
Idaho Community Foundation Scholarship for Women
This foundation has access to over 50 different scholarships, all available to women in Idaho. Many of these offers are from small organizations, and, as there are so many different ones available, the funding amount varies greatly. Eligibility requirements also vary greatly, to see a full list of scholarships and their requirements, as well as to apply with the Idaho Community Foundation, please view the PDF here (note there is no online application available).
This is a scholarship program, funded by the federal government, that is available to all women in Idaho who meet the requirements and also wish to attend a public university or college. Aid amounts can vary going all the way up to $6,000 per year, for up to 12 years.
The first goal is to pay tuition costs at your chosen school, and left over funds can be used to pay for books, room/board, and other school-related costs. To be considered for the Pell Grant, or any other federal educational grant for that matter, you must complete the FAFSA form.
You can do this online, or by contacting the financial aid office at your participating school of choice. Before applying, you should note, that you cannot hold a bachelors or graduates degree from any institution, and you must be a United States resident. You can see a full list of participating schools in Idaho, and learn more information by visiting this website here.
Idaho Food Stamp Program
This government-funded assistance program feeds more than 30,000 families every single day. Qualifying low-income families are provided with a debit-type card with which they can purchase food products. This is a huge step up from the coupon like food stamps from the past. There are strict eligibility requirement that one must meet in order to receive benefits, and amounts granted vary based on need and other factors. You can view full requirements and restrictions online here, and you will also find a link to apply.
As you can see, Idaho offers many different options for those women seeking financial assistance and support in a variety of areas. With both government and private resources available, you are sure to find something that suits your needs. The help you need could be just one application or consultation away. Browse through these links to see if there is a good fit for you.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans