If you are a female living in Missouri that is seeking assistance with paying for school, food, or starting a business, rest assured there are programs for you. Below you will find seven of the top grants and assistance programs available to women in your state. Keep reading to find out if any of these suit your needs.
Mary Joan Wolf Memorial Scholarship
This excellent program grants scholarships to women who are parents of multiple birth children, such as twins. Applicants must be looking to enroll for the first time in post high school education or and educational training course. The application process is interesting, the only thing needed is a 300 word essay on why you and your multiples are different. Benefits are only available in certain counties. To see a full list, or find out more about applying, visit the website here.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This federal scholarship grant for women is made available to undergraduate students attending a participating college, so long as they meet the requirements. If approved, you could receive a maximum of $6,000 per year for up to 12 years. Tuition is deducted first from the scholarship money, and the remaining money (if there is any) can be used for anything from books, to transportation. If you wish to apply, you must first fill out a FAFSA form, here, and then visit your school’s financial aid office. To find out which schools in your area are participating, you can visit this link here.
Live Your Dream Grant
The Soroptimist Foundation created his grant to help women become financially stable, if they are not currently. This program is designed especially for women who are the primary income source for themselves and their dependents, kids, or adults. Many women who receive a grant from this foundation are physical or sexual abuse survivors. To learn addition information on this great program, or to apply, visit the website here.
Cancer Care’s Financial Assistance Program
If you are a woman, suffering from cancer, then this may be the program for you. CCFA offers financial aid to women dealing with any and all types of cancer diagnoses. Coverage can also be acquired by children as well, although only in certain cases. Benefits include; Medical equipment, medications, hormones, treatments and much more. To learn more, or to apply, visit their website here.
Halstead Grant for Women
This grant is a yearly competition, awarding grants, in tiers, to 10 different women. First place comes in at a staggering $7,500, plus $1,000 in jelewry supplies and a trip out to Halstead headquarters. The remaining beneficiaries receive varying levels of cash. All applicants must have a portfolio already ready to review, and be a United States Citizen. To read more on this grant by the Halstead Foundation, visit their website, here.
The Amber Grant
No list of Missouri grants would be complete without mentioning the WomensNet Foundation’s Amber Grant program. This is a business grant, exclusively for women, to the tune of $1,000, with a chance to win an additional $10,000 at the end of the year. One special woman is chosen each month, based on what is written in the online application, which you must submit to be considered for the grant. The process is simple enough, simply follow the link below, answer a few questions about your business’ intentions with the money and you are in the running. It should be noted that there is a $15 processing fee associated with this grant, since it is not government funded. To learn more, follow the link here.
Multi-Family Housing Rental Assistance
This program is available to single mothers and families alike, who cannot afford to pay their full rent. Mind you, to qualify, you must be super low income. All payments are made directly to the landlord, or your behalf. The lower your income is, the higher you are on the priority list of receiving assistance. If you wish to read additional information, or view application requirements, head to their website, here.
Finding assistance does not have to be a strenuous task. Missouri really takes care of their citizens by offering many different grant and aid programs, across many different areas. Apply today!
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans