Living costs in New Hampshire can be high, and sometimes, it is possible to find yourself in need of some assistance. Luckily, the state has a host of programs available to low income women, small business owners, and students. Here, you will find a list of some of the best programs available today, read on to find the right one for you.
The New Hampshire Weatherization Assistance Program
This program was created to help reduce the home energy costs of low-income single mothers, individuals, and families in New Hampshire. Assistance comes in the form of the free installation of energy efficient appliances, sealing doors and windows, etc.
To qualify, you must be considered low income, as set forth by the state. Further, you can not have the means to make the improvements yourself. To learn more, head to the website here.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This small business grant program is funded by WomensNet.com, and awards one different woman each month with $1,000 in cash. In addition to the $1000, all monthly winners each year are entered in for a chance to win an additional $10,000 at the end of the year.
The application process is as simple as answering a few questions about your business, what you plan to do with the money, and a couple other similar questions, all of which can be done online. If you wish to learn more or apply, head to their website here.
New Hampshires Financial Assistance for Needy Families (FANF) program grants cash and services to eligible families in need who have children 18 years old or younger. The program, as it states, is temporary, and aims to get you back on your feet and economically independent again.
Benefits vary depending on your income, the number of people in your household, your needs, etc. Additionally, they are limited to 60 months or less. To learn more, visit the FANF website here.
Nevada Childcare Scholarships
This Nevada assistance program helps single mothers and two-parent-households to pay for childcare. One of the qualifying factors is that the parent(s) must be actively working or seeking work. Income before taxes is used to determine eligibility, and you must meet federal guidelines for poverty. To learn more about this government program, visit the Nebraska website here. It is important to note that this is a popular program, and your child may be put on a waitlist.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
The SNAP program is all about nutrition, good health, and good food. It helps eligible persons to buy food items at both farmers markets and approved grocery stores/food retailers.
If you are eligible, you can receive weekly allowances for purchasing food, though amounts will vary based on income, resources, expenses, and household size. To view more detailed eligibility requirement, or if you wish to apply for assistance, visit the website here.
New Hampshires Medicaid program is both federally- and state-funded, and provides health care serving a wide range of in-need single mothers, individuals, and families. You must meet eligibility requirements set out by the state, but the program is available to both adults and children.
All types of services are covered from x-rays, to hospital visits, dental work, family planning, and much more. To learn more about this awesome program, visit the link here.
The 1000 Dreams Scholarship
The 1000 Dreams women scholarship program is available to students enrolled in high school or college in New Hampshire. If eligible, you could receive a wide range of benefits, including help paying for text books, school fees, food, bills, and more. One thing to note is that tuition is not covered in this scholarship. To learn more about the requirements and restrictions, visit the website here.
Finding yourself in a spot where you are seeking assistance, doesn’t have to be the end of the world. The grants and programs we’ve listed on this page can help in many ways from paying for healthcare and school to childcare and starting a business. If you need help in more than one form, nothing is stopping you from applying with more than one program, in most cases. So if you are going through a tough time and need help getting back on your feet, take action and apply today.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans