To the women living in New Jersey, if you are looking for assistance in paying the bills, putting food on the table, getting a small business grant, or going to school, then keep reading. This article contains seven of the best grants available to women in NJ, all together in one place. To find out if on of these programs are the right fit for your needs, read on.
This federally offered scholarship, available to residents of New Jersey who are looking to attend public college or university, is one that cannot be missed. Currently qualifying students can receive up to $6,000 in financial aid to pay for tuition, books, food, housing, transportation, and more, each year. You can receive benefits for up to twelve years, although most people don’t use even half of that.
A FAFSA form must be submitted in order to be considered for this scholarship, which can be done here, online. Once you have your FAFSA submitted, visit your school’s financial aid office for updates. All applicants must be able to show a need for financial assistance,and there are also a few other qualifications, which you can read about here.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Women Infants and Children Program
The WIC program, is a health and nutritional incentive specifically for women who are pregnant, or who have children under 5 (including foster children). Services available include access to healthy foods, nutritional planning, health referrals, breastfeeding support, and more. Unfortunately, there is no online application process for this program, and you must receive a consultation to determine your eligibility. To learn more, head to the website here, or call 1 (800) 252-5942.
Amber Grant New Jersey
The WomesNet Amber Grant, is a small business award offered to female entrepreneurs living in New Jersey. One applicant is chosen each month to receive a $1,000 cash grant to further their business endeavors. Winning applicants are also entered automatically to win an additional $10,000 one-time grant at the end of the year.
The application process can be completed entirely online, but be aware that there is a $15 application fee that you will have to pay. On the application, you will need to answer a few questions about you and your business, as well as what you will do with the money, and how you will “pay it forward” in the future. To learn more about this grant program, visit the website for New Jersey residents here.
Cancer Care’s Financial Assistance Program
This publicly funded program offers limited financial assistance for medical costs to women diagnosed with cancer. Monetary aid is available in many areas of cancer treatment, including medical devices, hormone treatments, medicines, painkillers, transportation, child care, and more.
All types of cancer diagnoses are accepted, and in some cases, care is extended to men and children as well. Since the foundation relies on donations, there are not always funds available to all applicants. In these instances, Cancer Care will use their resources to connect you with someone who can help to the best of their abilities. To learn more, please visit their website here.
This energy assistance program is available to single mothers, individuals, and families living in New Jersey. The LIHEAP program is state-run, and if you qualify, you can receive cash grants, though the amount will depend on a few different factors.
All monies received can only be used towards home utility bills, and cannot be used for food or other costs. This program helps thousands of people each year. To learn more, head to their website here.
Girl Boss Foundation
This small business grant for female entrepreneurs becomes available every two years, and is only available to women who are working in creative businesses. Businesses considered creative include those that work in design, art, fashion, or music.
The grand prize is $15,000 in cash, a feature on the Girlboss Platform, and an introduction to the Girlboss community (which is massive exposure). To learn more, or apply, head over to their website here.
Live Your Dream Grant
If you are a single mother who is the main source of income for your dependents, or if you have a family but only you work, then this program is for you. The Soroptimist Foundation provides assistance to eligible families to improve their education skills, or gain higher employment. To learn more, visit the website here.
If you find yourself seeking assistance in New Jersey, there is hope. There are many programs available, and there is sure to be one that suits your needs. Apply today!
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans