Have you been struggling to make ends meet? Maybe you have been looking for a way to take a step in a new direction but can’t catch a break. Well, you came to the right place. Here, we will list grants and programs for women who are living in New York and who are also in need of financial assistance.
Check out these resources to find out if one (or more) may be able to help you!
Heat and Utility Bill Assistance (HEAP)
Are you panicking because you received a notice that your heating, gas, or electric is about to be turned off? Well, you can apply for emergency financial help from HEAP. The program will help people with low-income to pay utility and heating bills. Applicants must apply each year they need assistance by the deadline. Learn more on the NYC HEAP website.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Lifeline Phone Assistance
Nowadays, it is necessary to have a phone. It allows you to call if you are in an emergency and need help. Being so, people with a low-income can qualify for a landline or wireless line through Lifeline. There are various service providers that serve New York residents. Learn more and apply online here.
New York Child Health Plus
This program provides health insurance for children. It is available to New York residents who are under the age of 19, who provide primary care for a child under the age of 19, or who are pregnant. You also cannot be covered by health insurance and must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien. Apply here and learn more abou the program here.
New York Temporary Assistance (TA)
Are you having trouble paying for your basic expenses like food, clothes, and gas? If so, TA may be able to help. It gives cash assistance to families in need that include a child under the age of 18. Whether your current job isn’t paying enough, you can’t find a job, or you can’t work, you may qualify. To find out, visit the Department of Social Services in your county, which you can find here.
Amber Grant by WomensNet
The Amber Grant is a grant for women who have a business idea that they want to bring to life. You can apply for just $15 and will be in the running to win $1,000. If you win the $1,000, you’ll also be in the running to win $10,000 at the end of the year. This grant has been offered since 1998 in honor of Amber who was an ambitious young woman who never got to see her dreams come to fruition. Now, this program helps 12 women each year to move their ventures forward. Interested? Apply here.
State Education Grants
Need help with the costs to attend college? New York has many programs in place that can help. They include:
1.Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): Get up to $5,000 per year to help you pay for tuition at an approved state university or college. You must be enrolled full-time, get good grades, and meet the state’s minimum income requirementsLearn more about TAP.
2.Part-time TAP Program: This program also helps eligible students to pay for their tuition, but only requires they are enrolled in at least six credit hour per semester. Learn more about Part-time TAP.
3.Educational Opportunity Program (EOP): Students that are economically disadvantaged and who require special admissions consideration can qualify for EOP which provides financial aid and academic support. Learn more about EOP.
Don’t give up on college simple because of the costs. Apply to see if the state can help to foot the bill and get you on your way to a degree.
As you can see, there are many grants and programs available to women in New York. These can help you make ends meet while also helping you to generate more income. The state wants to ensure its residents are having their basic needs met and also wants to see them thrive. Click the links throughout this page to learn more about the programs and to find out which will best suit your needs. You need not worry about being left without a helping hand.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans