Looking for assistance with attending college, expanding your business, or putting food on the table? North DakotaContinue reading to learn about a handful of the best programs in North Dakota.
North Dakota Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
This program, known as TANF for short, provides temporary cash assistance, and other services, to single mothers and low-income families with unmet needs who also have children under eighteen. TANF was created to help families become financially independent, or get back on their feet if they encountered a hardship. To learn about the specific requirements to qualify for the TANF program, or to apply, visit the link here.
The AAUW American Fellowships
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This grant program is available to female scholars living in North Dakota, who are working on a project. Funding can be acquired if you are completing a dissertation, preparing research for publication, or if you are taking a research leave from an accredited university.
Of course, you must qualify first, and all applicants are chosen based on school grades, originality, design quality, and overall quality. All projects must benefit young girls and/or women in the applicants own community, and all applicants must be either a permanent resident or natural born citizen. To find out more about this girls only program, visit the link here.
The Halstead Foundations Grant for Women
This is a competitive grant program, made available exclusively to women who are jewelry artists new to the scene. First place in this program will net you $7,500 in cash, and another $1,000 worth of jewelry supplies, not to mention a trip to visit the Halstead headquarters. The next top ten contestants will also receive cash prizes, albeit smaller ones. To learn more about this program, or to apply, visit their website here.
Creative Entreprentuers Grant
Female entrepreneurs looking to boost their business in a big way, may wish to consider Girlboss’s bi-annual grant to creative business owners. Recipients of this grant will be given $15,000 cash, and will also be featured and showcased to the Girlboss community. All applicants must be pursuing a creative path, meaning fashion, art, design, or music. To find a complete list of requirements and restrictions, or to apply, visit the link here.
North Dakota Unemployment Insurance
If you have recently lost your job due to a mass layoff, your company going out of business, or some other event that was no fault of your own, then North Dakota’s Unemployment Insurance may be what you are looking for. Applicants who qualify can receive a percentage of their previous wages, for a limited period of time. One stipulation of this program is that one must be actively seeking gainful employment whilst receiving benefits. If you wish to learn more, visit the link here.
The North Dakota Weatherization Assistance Program
This weatherization program aims to reduce the costs of heating and cooling by making modifications and upgrades to the houses of low-income single mothers and families living in North Dakota. Upgrades can be done to the following; appliances, windows, doors, door seals, insulation, etc. To qualify, you must meet low-income requirements set by the state, and also must not have the means to make or pay for the repairs yourself. To learn more about this program, visit the link here.
Multi-Family Housing Rental Assistance
This housing program (funded by the USDA) helps renters with low incomes to pay their rent, if they are unable to pay it, and also meet the qualifications. In this assistance program, no money is actually granted to the applicant, instead the money is paid directly to the landlord on the renters behalf. The amount you can receive will depend on a few factors such as, aside from having a low income, you must be living in a rural area to receive benefits. To learn more about the requirements, you can visit the website here..
Being in a difficult position and in need of money can be a daunting and stressful thing. But don’t worry, that is why these programs were created. North Dakota has many programs to offer women in need, or women just looking to better themselves. Apply for one today.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans