If you are a woman living in Oklahoma, it can be tough to find assistance programs that suit your needs. Not to worry, Here, we have compiled a list of top assistance programs for helping you attend college, expand your business, get food for your family, and more. Help is out there, very likely in the next few paragraphs you read, so read on to find out more.
The Oklahoma State Children’s Health Insurance Program
The SCHIP program will be especially appealing to single mothers without health insurance, as it provides health care to uninsured children all the way into the teen years. Aside from not having health coverage, you must meet certain low-income requirements set forth by the federal government. Coverage includes hospital stays, prescription medicine, doctors appointments, eye exams, and more. To learn more about the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, visit the link here.
The WomensNet Amber Grant
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
This program offers a small business grant in the amount of $1,000 to one female entrepreneur each month. At the end of the calendar year, all twelve recipients are then entered for a chance to win an additional $10,000 lump sum in cash. The money is intended to be used to help women fulfill their dreams and take their business to the next level, and it is only available to women.
The application process can be done online, and its very simple to do. You will need to fill out essay-style questions about your business, you, how you would pay it forward one day if you won, and what you would do with the money should you win. You are allowed to apply more than one month in a row, however there is a $15 processing fee associated with each application. To learn more about the Amber Grant for women, visit the Oklahoma website here.
Temporary Assistance Program for Oklahoma Residents
TANF is a limited-time cash assistance program which is available to single mothers, other families with a low income, and children under the age of 18. The purpose of this program is to help people to become financially independent again, and there are services to help them achieve that aside from the money. All approved applicants must be looking for a job whilst receiving benefits. To learn more, follow this link here.
The Oklahoma Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
The SFSP program is especially helpful for single mothers who live in Oklahoma. It is a program that provides healthy and nutritious meals during the summer to children who normally eat for free during the school year. This allows the children to maintain a healthy diet and provides some financial relief for low-income families. At some locations, they even offer learning and recreational activities as well. To learn more, or to apply, visit the link here.
Paying for college can be daunting, especially if you have a small income, or are living in a low-income household. Thankfully, there is the Pell Grant which is currently offering up to $6,000 to students wishing to, or already attending, a public college or university. This money can be received for up to twelve years, and is used first for tuition costs, and then for anything else like room and board, books, fees, etc. If you would like to be considered for this federal grant, you must first fill out the FAFSA form which you can do here, online. From there, if you are approved, the funds will be distributed by the school you choose to attend. To learn more click the link here.
The 1000 Dreams Scholarship
This program provides eligible women who are enrolled in college or high school with a one-time grant to help pay for fees, text books, food, and more. There are also a wide range of other benefits available to those who qualify. Note, the grant is made available only to females. To learn more, visit the link here.
When it comes to assistance programs benefiting women, Oklahoma is no slouch. If you are currently in need, or know someone who is, be sure to take advantage of these programs or share them with others who they will benefit.
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans