Are you seeking a grant in our nation’s capital? If so, you have come to not only the right place, but the best place to get information on the best grant and assistance programs Washington D.C. has to offer. So dive in, have a look, and you are sure to find something that fits your specific needs.
The Amber Grant
First up on our list of grants available to women in Washington D.C. is the Amber grant program. This small business grant in the amount of $1,000 is awarded to a different female business owner each month. Then, at the end of the year, one winner out of the twelve women who were awarded grants that year will be chosen to receive another $10,000 grant to put towards their business, totaling $11,000. Sounds pretty cool right? It gets better, you can apply online and the application is not too complicated to fill out (as some can be). This is a vetted grant program, no scams here. If it sounds like the right fit for you, you can apply and learn more here.
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
Next up is a program for those who want to attend college or university, but have a need for financial help to make it happen. The Pell Grant currently offers students up to a maximum of $6,000 per school year, for a term of 12 years, if need be. With this money you can pay for tuition, books, fees, transportation, room and board, and more depending on your situation and how much you receive. This program is intended for those who either have a low income themselves or who come from a family with a low income. To apply, fill out the FAFSA form here and then get in contact with your school’s financial aid department, as they are in charge of disbursing funds.
Here we have the Temporary cash Assistance for Needy Families program, which grants money and other helpful services to those families who need it most and also have children under the age of 18. This program was created and is intended to help families get back on their feet and become independent again. To view the eligibility requirements, or to apply, visit the link here.
FEDEX SMALL BUSINESS GRANT
Another one for the girl bosses out there, this small business grant offered by FedEx gives 10 businesses each year a maximum of $25,000 cash, as well as store credit to use their office and print services. There are a few requirements, such as your business must have been operating for at least six months, have less than 99 employees, and be a for-profit business. The application can be completed online, and this is probably one you should go the extra mile on as this can be a huge opportunity for your business. Aside from answering all the questions asked on the application in as much detail as possible, we also recommend submitting the optional informational video on your business. If you want to learn more, click here.
This awesome program can help keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It provides assistance with paying energy bills if you are unable to do so due to having low to no income. Funds are paid to the family/household in need which are to be used exclusively for paying utility bills. The program help numerous families each year, and it can help you too. To learn more, or apply, visit the link here.
Losing your job for any reason is a real downer, but to lose your job due to no fault of your own (company downsizing, etc.) really sucks. Luckily, Washington D.C. offers unemployment insurance for just these cases. Qualifying applicants can receive benefits for a limited amount of time, and also must be actively seeking a job while receiving benefits. If you wish to learn more, or if you are in immediate need and want to apply, visit the link here.
As you can see, Washington D.C. takes care of its citizens by offering many different types of grant and assistance programs. Take advantage of one or more of these great offers today!
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans