If you are a woman seeking a grant or other assistance type program, we understand it can be hard. That is why we have gathered the best options for furthering your education, getting money for your small business, help putting food on the table, and more. You will find that Wyoming has a lot to offer residents when it comes to assistance programs, both private and government-funded are available, read on to find out more.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for Wyoming Residents
This program is a life saver for many families in Wyoming, as it helps low income households to purchase food. SNAP is the new version of the food stamp program, but because stamps are no longer used, approved applicants are given an EBT card that works in much the same way as a debit card. Families receive different amounts based on income and number of people in the household, and funds can be spent at any participating food store, and even at some farmers markets. If you would like to learn more, or find out how to apply, visit the link here.
The Cancer Care Foundation Program
++ Popular grants for women
- $5,000 Doris Day foundation grant
- $15,000 Patagonia Grant
- $2,500 Zach Grant
- $700 Target Field Trip Grant
- $25,000 Ben & Jerry’s Social Change Grant Program
- $1,000 Pollination Project Seed Grant
- $10,000 Saucony Run for Good Grant
- $35,000 W. Eugene Smith Photography Grant
- $2,000 Whole Kids Garden Grant Program
- $20,000 Dizzy Feet Foundation Dance Grant
The Cancer Care Foundation program is available to women who have been diagnosed with cancer and have unmet financial needs regarding treatments and medication, etc. All types of diagnosis are accepted, and coverage can be obtained for medications, hormone treatments, medical equipment, transportation, etc. In some rare cases, even though it is a women’s program, men are accepted. If you wish to learn more about this program, click here.
FedEx’s Small Business Grant
If you are a female small business owner, then you may be interested in the FedEx Small Business Grant program. It helps for-profit businesses that operate with less than 99 employees and which have been in business for at least six months. They can receive up to $25,000 in cash to put toward their business.
The application process is easy, and can be completed online, but you should put some effort in to it to show that you really will put the money to good use. Remember, you will be competing against other business owners. Include pictures of your business, or even a video explaining what your business does, and what you will do with the money. To learn more, click here.
The Pell Grant
College can be both an important gateway to a brighter future, and a difficult financial burden, all at once. Thankfully, the Pell Grant exists to solve this problem for low income students who wish to attend a public college or university. Approved applicants can receive up to $6,000 per year, for a full twelve years in some cases, to help pay tuition and other costs related to attend college. Tuition is deducted from any grant money, and the rest can be spent as needed on school books, supplies, fees, housing, food, transportations, and more. If you wish to apply and learn more about the program and eligibility requirements, visit the link here.
The Amber Grant
Another grant for the female entrepreneurs out there, the WomensNet Amber Grant awards a different women each month with a $1,000 small business grant to help grow their business. A very cool thing about this grant is that, at the end of the year, one winner is chosen from that year’s twelve grant recipients to receive another $10,000 in grant money. The application process is pretty straight forward, and can be completed online by answering a few questions and submitting a $15 application processing fee. If you wish to learn more and apply for this awesome grant for women, click here.
Live Your Dream Grant
The Soroptimist Foundation funds a pretty sweet program known as the Live Your Dream Grant which provides assistance to women who provide the main source of income for their families. Eligible women can receive assistance in achieving higher education and higher employment. The aim of this program is to give women the skills they need to create a better life for themselves and, in turn, their families. To learn more about this amazing program, visit the link here.
Seeking out assistance does not have to be hard when you use our list of grant and assistance programs. Wyoming has your back when it comes to getting the help you need, no matter the need. Apply today!
++ Popular grants for women
- Government assistance programs for Women
- Section 8 Assistance Program for Women
- Low Income Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for Women
- Mortgage Assistance Programs for Women
- Get Help with Buying your Medications
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to Women
- Salvation Army Assistance Programs for Women
- Free Legal Assistance for Women
- Help for Women with Paying Off Student Loans
- Electric Bills Assistance for Women
- Grants and Scholarships for Women Going Back to College
- Popular Charities that Help Women with Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Senior Women
- Financial Assistance Programs for Disabled Women
- Pell Grants for Women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program for Women
- Grants for Women with No Health Insurance
- How to Apply for Government Benefits as a Woman
- Food Stamps for Women
- Unemployment Benefits for Women
- Grants for Women that Help with Telephone Bills
- Debt Consolidation Programs for Women
- Bankruptcy Assistance for Women
- HUD Public Housing for Women
- Small Business Grants for Women
- Grants for Pregnant Women
- Welfare Benefits for Women
- WIC Program for Women
- Rent Assistance for Women
- Housing Grants for Women
- Food Assistance for Women
- Cash Assistance for Women
- Childcare Assistance for Women
- Local Church Assistance Programs for Women
- College Grants for Women
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for Women
- Water Bills Assistance for Women
- Financial Help for Female Veterans